Friday, February 27, 2015

Paper craft project nos. 327 and 328: Perk Up! Latte Love one layer cards


Yay, two more cards done -- progress! :o) These cards are quickie one layer cards using a couple of new coffee-themed stencils from ARTplorations and STAMPlorations stamps. 

One Layer Card #1: PERK UP!
I made this by dabbing Distress paint (barn door) over the coffee cup stencil, stamping the sentiment, and using Japanese watercolor brush pens for adding some spatters and that artsy frame.

Linking up my Perk Up! one layer card to these fun challenges:



One Layer Card #2: LATTE LOVE
I never waste paint if I can help it! And that's what I did on this card. I flipped over the stencil I used for card #1 and brayered over it to transfer the paint onto my card base. Really loved the painterly effect! I sponged light brown ink through the latte stencil, stamped the sentiment in black, and all done :o)

Linking up my Latte Love one layer card to these fun challenges:


I made these cards for the Spring Coffee Lovers blog hop that's hosted by Amy Tsuruta and Chaitali Narla. Join in on the fun here. And if you'd like to win the stencils I used in my cards above, just head over to the STAMPlorations blog -- STAMPlorations is one the sponsors of this fun hop!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

~Shery


Supplies: Stamps - Sentiment Builders: Love, Vignette: Eat Drink Be Merry (STAMPlorations); Stencils - Coffee Cup, Latte (ARTplorations);  Inks/Markers - Jet Black Archival ink, Barn Door Distress paint (Ranger), Driftwood Mix'd Media Inkx (ClearSnap), Japanese watercolor brush pen; Paper - 100# classic white premium heavy weight cardstock from Paper and More





5 comments:

  1. Wow! These are fab and I so love the colors and great design! I don't think I've seen you before. Welcome to IDCB! xx Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shery, I love how your first card led to the 2nd - great thinking and wonderful results on both of them! Thanks for sharing them with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the first card, I simply adore the sentiment, especially because of the shape. Darling cards. Thank you for joining ScrapbookerPhD in our CAS challenge. DT - Faith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these and what a clever idea to turn the stencil over to make the second card!

    Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you flipped the stencil to make two cards! So clever! Love the bold design and perfect done in red. Happy to see you creating and having fun! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? If you'd like to share, share it with a smile, please :o) Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...