Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Paper craft project no. 359: Happy birthday one layer CAS card


Hello! Sharing a card I made earlier tonight when I spied a few minutes and I was actually feeling well enough. (I've been sleep deprived the past week, thanks to a very active almost-23-weeks-old baby girl in my tummy who's decided that it's her playtime when it's my bedtime!)

I managed to combine a few challenges too! I followed the current sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch and the cue word (flight) at CASology. I also saw that it's anything goes this week at the Simon Says Monday Challenge, and the "toppings" at Seize the Birthday is to make your own background. And lastly, I've been wanting to join in at Monika's birthday linky party. Monika is such a sweet girl and an awesome crafter! I decided to CASE her CAS card. My card's a little late getting to you, Monika, but better late than never, right? :o)

To make my one layer CAS card, I stamped the oriole (one of several birds I've illustrated and turned into stamps) and masked it before stamping my collage mixed media grunge background. I flicked yellow and red Inktense blocks with a paintbrush and stamped the sentiment.


      

Thanks so much for stopping by! Don't forget to smile :o)

~Shery


19 comments:

  1. I hope your little baby will give you chance to sleep longer at night hehe

    Shery many thanks to spend your time to join my bday Linky Party...
    I always love your masking
    you are great at masking and making your card as one layer card
    I love your bird sketched too
    Lovely Vintage Bday card
    I adore this
    Hope you can sleep good today
    Hugs

    Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The add of yellow and red splatter make it perfect Shery
      and the stamp behind the bird is genial
      love it and want to have it hehe :)

      Delete
    2. Genial is German soorryy
      I mean genius...can be for any occasion
      and yes better late than never hihi :-)

      Delete
  2. i love your oriole ... is the bird coming to by ???
    looks such great with your amazing background !!!
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yes, the bird is part of The Birds and the Blooms stamp set that will be available beginning June 1st :o)

      Delete
  3. Oh, this is so cool! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layered card! I love that birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! Think this one should be the winner... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! Love the funky design with the bold black graphics and the splatters of color! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Shery. It reminded me of the magpie that we get in Australia. I love the graphic feel of your layout and colouring too. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely creation with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty - love the colorful splatter - adds a lot of interest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your illustrations, and this one ESPECIALLY divine!!! Love that you joined us at CAsology!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card. Love your background and images. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, hello. Love that bird. When's he available then?? Loving small birds. As you may have noticed LOL. Love this card. Oops, that reminds me, must email you my club choices. Splatty grunge bg is beautiful. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have you tried playing soothing music?? My sister listened to Vivaldi 4 seasons a lot when she was pregnant and when she put it on when J was a toddler he would sit quietly wiggling his feet. What a lark. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. One layer brilliance! Thanks for joining us over at Seize the Birthday and we sure hope you will come back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That bird is fabulous for pieces like this with all his black beauty!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? If you'd like to share, share it with a smile, please :o) Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...