Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Paper craft project no. 367: Grateful beyond words one layer card


Hello! It's time for a new challenge at Time Out and for this challenge, we're doing CASE with your own twist. We've got an awesome designer, Deepti Malik, to CASE and I can't be any more excited! For one, she recently launched her own stamp line, Dee's Artsy Impressions, through STAMPlorations, my little stamp company. And for another, she's sponsoring the challenge -- one lucky crafter who plays with us at TO and CASEs her gorgeous card gets to win her stamp set, Blooming Buds!

BloomingBuds-preview-web


And here's her card that we're CASEing:


I CASEd the layout of her card and mimicked the squares over the top. As for my twist...you know what it is -- a one layer card ;o) I tore a piece of paper and then used that as mask for the bottom of the card before inking the top part with mustard seed Distress ink and stamping the squares (Graphic Squares) in Memento inks. Instead of doing the bottom part in black, I opted to stamp the sunflower (The Birds and the Blooms) in gold Delicata ink. Then I stamped the sentiment (Grateful Beyond Words), which has a grungy, chalkboard look and finished the card by rounding one of the bottom corners. 

Come check out how the TO girls CASEd Deepti's card. We've got a very talented guest designer joining us: Maura. We hope you'll play along. We'd love to see how you CASE Deepti's card and put your own twist on it!

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to smile :o)

~Shery

PS: There's a fun stencil blog hop going on right now at STAMPlorations. See some serious creative stencil mojo in action here, here, and here!



13 comments:

  1. So vibrant and dramatic, Shery ... those hot summer colours are fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the golden sunflowers and the one layer stamped "patterned paper"

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh I love how you used the graphic squares here-such creative thinking-looks fab x

    ReplyDelete
  4. One layer perfection, great twist on Deepti's design. I love everything about it!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that this is one layer and how fearless you are in combining vibrant colours and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I am always amazed how u can make everything into a one layer wonder :) love your take and thank you soooooooo much for your kind words. I am so excited to the CASE of my card !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheri, I love the take on Deepti's card - that delicata ink is fabulous and I love how you made those patterned squares in the top portion. Thanks also for your kind words in your post. Lastly, I want you to know that I won the GD spot with a card I made from your butterfly stencil! I loved it , and I guess some others loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your take on Deepti's card is gorgeous! I'm smitten with those flowers...lovely!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just linked up. Loved Deepti's card and love yours too. It's hot. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you are the queen of OL cards! Awesome CASE & congrats on your new stamp designer too! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fantastic!! Love that you ripped (I was too scared) and your colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you CASEd Deepti's card and made it your own by making it one layer! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? If you'd like to share, share it with a smile, please :o) Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...